Thursday, March 8, 2012

Perspective (Read it. It's short)

     I'm a little embarrassed at how much truth I've forgotten in a time of struggling. How can we read the Scripture and despair? What's so bad about a little bit of rough time? Last night I had a little bit of an awakening in my perspective. I've had hints of it but I let my worry push it away. I was at Adore and Ennie reminded everyone there that the battle is already won. That us Catholics should be the most joyful people in the world right now. Why? Cause when the going gets rough, that's when God's getting us ready and doing something big.

Read these: Numbers 21, John 3:14-16 (16 means so much more in context)

There's online Bibles. Pull this one up: NAB Bible
(No excuses now)



     When our pain is lifted up in front of us so that we have to focus on it, that's when our focus is the most fine tuned. When we look at Jesus lifted on the cross, even though we've been bitten by the serpent and even though we've willingly let the serpent to bite us, we don't die and we certainly don't despair.

"Pain shifts our gaze from what is trivial to what is crucial." - Ennie

We need to truly understand that God is the victor to have real hope. There's just a light at the end of the tunnel that we can barely see, but we've already been told what the light is. We know the ending so worry is is vain.

Pope Benedict XVI said that "We are not made for comfort; we are made for greatness."

Let's believe in that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment